Bulky Waste Collections - Birmingham City Council ( Edit )
Bulky Waste Collectionsp. The refuse crews are unable to take large items along with the black sacks. There are various ways of disposing of your unwanted bulky household items such as furniture, fridges, freezers and cookers. They can be taken to your local "":/pages/household-recycling-centres-hrcs-birmingham-city-council Household Recycling Centre or check to see if a "":/pages/household-recycling-centres-hrcs-birmingham-city-council "":CSEMBEDTYPE_=internal&WRAPPER_=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper&PAGENAME_=Waste-Management%2FPage%2FStandardPageTemplate&_cid=1223092750106&c=Page Special Street Collection is happening in your area. "":/pages/special-street-collections-birmingham-city-council "":CSEMBEDTYPE_=internal&WRAPPER_=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper&PAGENAME_=Waste-Management%2FPageLayout&cid_=1223092750106&c_=Page "":CSEMBEDTYPE_=internal&WRAPPER_=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper&PAGENAME_=Waste-Management%2FPageLayout&cid_=1223092750106&c_=Page “Special Street Collections”:CSEMBEDTYPE=internal&WRAPPER=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper&PAGENAME=Waste-Management%2FPageLayout&cid=1223092750106&c=Page are organised by your local Councillor and you will receive a letter in advance if you are due one. If you are not due a Special Street Collection please book a Bulky Waste collection for (Bold) * %(Bold) %(Bold)6 items or less % * % .
But before you decide to get rid of anything, please consider if it can be reused. Ladywood Furniture Project (0121 455 7133), "":http://birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=BCC_ExternalLink_C&childpagename=Waste-Management%2FBCC_ExternalLink_C%2FExternalLinkLink&cid=1223147360185&pagename=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper Community Transport (0121 773 2858) or "":http://birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=BCC_ExternalLink_C&childpagename=Waste-Management%2FBCC_ExternalLink_C%2FExternalLinkLink&cid=1223147375213&pagename=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper Betel (0121 436 5562) will collect furniture that is in reasonable condition and offer it to people on low incomes, or you could try getting rid of it on your local Freecycle network. See our recycling pages for more information on recycling and reusing.
Bulky waste collections are free for most large items and can be arranged on request. Collections will normally be carried out within 10 days of your request and you will be informed when you make the booking when the crew will be calling (bookings are made (Bold) * %(Bold) %(Bold)only % * % for a Saturday).
There must be * (Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)no more than 6 items % % * and all items must be specified when the request is made. Any items left out that are not on the crew’s job sheet will not be taken.
If you are elderly or disabled and have difficulty moving the heavy items to the collection point, we may be able to make special arrangements to assist you. Each request will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Please specify your requirements at the time of booking. We will then telephone you and if we can assist, we will confirm when we’re able to collect.
(Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)The types of items we collect include: % %
- Beds and mattresses
- Bedroom furniture
- 3 piece suites (counts as 3 items)
- Up to 20 sacks of refuse (which will count as all 6 items)
- Fridges, freezers and washing machines can also be collected, but a different vehicle is used as these items are disposed of differently. Fridges/freezers need to be de-gassed prior to disposal. If you have a fridge/freezer or washing machine to be collected, please ensure it is left in a safe condition prior to collection remove the door or lid if possible or leave it face down. Remove all items of food from fridges/freezers.
- p. We will also take Japanese Knotweed as long as the plants are double bagged and tied up securely and there is no risk of any contamination of surrounding greenery.
We cannot take:
- Broken glass panes unless securely boxed or wrapped and clearly marked
- Gas bottles
- Soil and rubble
- Asbestos (see our Hazardous Waste pages for how to dispose of it)
- Engines and car parts
- Green garden waste – unless you are currently not on the garden waste collection service
All items collected on the bulky waste service are taken to the Energy from Waste plant at Tyseley to generate power.
- All items must be left at the front of your property in an easily accessible place.
- All items should be left out by 7am on collection day or the night before * (Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)at the earliest % % .* If you live in a narrow road or a road with lots of parked cars, please inform us when booking the collection as we will send a smaller vehicle.
(Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)Please note % % :Bulky waste collections are for household waste only . They cannot be used to dispose of trade or business waste. If you run your business from home, you will be required to arrange a Trade Waste Collection for your rubbish.
The Council reserves the right to ensure that the system is used fairly and will investigate higher than average requests for Bulky Waste collections.
(Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)How to book a bulky waste collection: % %
* (Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)Tel: % % 0121 303 1112
Use the "":/pages/waste-management-bulky-waste-online-form-birmingham-city-council Bulky Waste online form
Please include the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number
- Exact items for collection
- Any additional information such as access problems
Collections of more than six items can be arranged but there will be a minimum charge of Â£69.00 for collections taking less than an hour. Additional charges will be made if collections take longer.
You can use the "":/pages/waste-management-bulky-waste-online-form-birmingham-city-council "":CSEMBEDTYPE_=internal&WRAPPER_=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper&PAGENAME_=Waste-Management%2FBCC_ExternalLink_C%2FExternalLinkLink&cid_=1223147375213&c=BCCExternalLinkC Bulky Waste online form and pay using a credit/debit card
Download the form below and return it to the Commercial Waste section along with your payment (cheques or postal orders to be made payable to Birmingham City Council).(Bold) %(Bold) %(Bold)Send the form and payment to: % %
Fleet and Waste Management
Commercial Waste section
Montague Street Depot
Birmingham B9 4BA
" Bulky Waste Form (Size: 183 Kb Type: Word Document ) ":http://birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fmsword&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3D652252Lge+Bulkwaste+application+form.doc&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223408508745&ssbinary=true